Sunday 11 December 2011

Herman Muffins

Having given away as many Herman mixes as I could, he has had his calorie intake reduced to just 50g S. R. Flour, 50g sugar and 50ml of milk per feed so we can keep him a manageable size. His lifespan has also been extended. Today was his holiday and he was sent off to a hot resort aged 16 rather than 10 and in good company with some chocolate and cranberries.

I decided to make mini Herman muffins but had no idea how long to cook them as it is not a typical muffin mix. The oven was at 190 celsius and they were baked for 25 – 30 minutes until a skewer inserted into one, came out clean.

They have got a lovely crunchy crisp top yet are soft and bouncy inside. I managed to make 12 from my mixture although 2 are not on this picture as we ate them! 4 have been frozen for the New Year so DS. and FDiL. can taste test them. I now need to work out how long to keep this next batch for in case they also want a Herman.


Anyway, to one portion of Herman I added:

150g S. R. flour, 150g sugar, 100ml vegetable oil, 1/2tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1½ tsp baking powder, 2 beaten eggs, 85g melted good quality dark chocolate, 100g semi-dried cranberries. He seemed a little dry so I added just enough milk to loosen. A 2” ice cream scoop was used to put the mixture into the muffin cases. You could use a smaller scoop to make more but as you can see, they filled the cases okay.

The Christmas tree is being decorated today. Will post a photograph tomorrow but that will be all as we don't to spoil the look for when DS. and FDiL. come for the New Year. We have decided to have a second Christmas so we can share it together.
Instead here is a picture of one corner of our kitchen. Years ago, every room in the house used to be decorated but the kitchen and bathroom don't tend to have anything in them now as all surfaces seem to be taken up with something. We do however, permanently have chilli pepper lights under our cupboards. They always make the kitchen homely and when I can't sleep at night, don't blind me when I want to make a hot chocolate!






1 comment:

  1. Those muffins are yummy, I'm sure :)
    The chilli pepper lights look so nice, and I'm looking forward to see a photo of your christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.