Thursday 1 August 2013

An unexpected treat...

First of all, a warm welcome to Debbie.

Not sure what I will be getting from DS. & FDiL. as I will get that when we next visit them in a couple of weeks.

My walking friends gave me a bottle of Tia Maria. We all have it in our coffee on cold days, but I also have some in cold milk during the night when I just cannot get off, no matter what.

My friend R. popped around and gave me a jar of home made Rhubarb and Ginger jam.

We went off to the White Horse pub in Holme for a birthday lunch. I had liver, bacon, mash, peas and onion gravy - delicious. DB had Steak and Mushroom Pie, chips and peas. I also indulged myself with a Malibu and lemonade. Whilst eating, a group of people came in, had coffee at the bar, then sat down next to us and talked about things (not with us though they did give us a nod and a smile).

We overheard, gig, photographs, London, PR etc. As you can imagine, my ears pricked up. We had a quick look and one face stood out but I wasn't sure who it was.

Anyway, once home, I trawled the internet for Norfolk based music photographers and found him here

Then I looked for PR consultants and came across the lady.

And finally, found the group. They were The Marmalade whose web site is here

That all took me around 30 minutes, the power of the internet! Can't you tell that I have a data based mind!!

Right, on that happy note, I shall now get on with things.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a lovely birthday DC. Do let me know how you get on with your pedi thingy, often thought about getting one. You had some lovely pressies. You're like me, I love to people watch and hone in to their conversations, discreetly of course! However much to Johns embarrassment I did actually join in someone's conversation once (they were loud, looking my way and smiling at me so what's a girl to do?)
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have used it twice so far and it is working really well. Another one or two goes and I should have removed all the hard skin. It just glides over. I got in touch with the PR lady and we exchanged several emails.

      Delete
  2. I bought one a few weeks back, effortless isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be okay so far although the replacement heads look a little expensive.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.