Saturday 12 April 2014

Finished - my quilted pillowcase!

Looking on the reverse side of my pillowcase, I wasn't happy to leave all though ends loose. It really only needed the reverse part putting on to finish it off, but I decided to add a sheet of material and outline quilt all the seams.

It might be a bit excessive work, but it will look better and be stronger for it I think. Unlike a quilt that might have batting and a back piece of material, and may only be washed occasionally, if ever, this would need to be washed and ironed. Ironing it would be a nightmare as the seams would take a lot of ironing.

It took quite a bit of time to do but in my opinion looks better. DB commented on how much more substantial it feels.

Here is a close up of the final stitching:
Finally, here it is finished and fitted onto the pillow on the couch!
All in all, a good job I think for my first attempt. Now all I have to do is cut out 7" squares, rather than these 6" ones, and hope the new covers fit!

Have a lovely weekend folks.

11 comments:

  1. Pretty prints looks very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It has been made from old duvet covers and sheets.

      Delete
  2. That is really great.. well done. Such a lovely choice of colours, really pretty. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Just cut out 16 more squares (size 7"), to do two more cushion covers.

      Delete
  3. It's lovely - and your seams match up so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had one that didn't match up, didn't show that one:)

      Delete
  4. Looks great. Neat bit of sewing, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, only got mad once or twice:)

      Delete
  5. Thats lovely! I never sew things that neatly. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely DC. The colours are gorgeous. I had a go once but the seams didn't match up and was very disappointed so haven't tried since.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.