Tuesday 3 June 2014

A right nasty ...

Computer virus is about to hit and we only have a 2 week window to deal with it!

That is the stark news circulating since last night and the BBC and papers have also warned about it this morning. See here

I really would recommend you read it and take their advice on what to do, such as check your computer software is up to date, several times over the next few days as it often takes them a while to get a remedy sorted. Same applies to your anti-virus, keeping checking for and install updates. Don't forget to also do one or more scans of your computer with the anti-virus software.

You should be doing this as a matter of course but we can all be too busy to think about it and for some of us, it may already be too late. You can still do all the above though in the hope that they will detect the virus and quarantine it - never be complacent, your identity, money and everything personal to you can be stolen!

Nuff said:)

Congratulations to Andy Murray on getting through to the quarter finals. I really didn't think you were going to make it on your previous 5 set game, where you were showing signs of muscle strain in your legs. Yesterday though, you were a different person.

For those of you without Sky Sport, the French Open is being shown on ITV 4 (occasionally swapping to ITV 3.

A different subject again...

I no longer use hair conditioner, except when absolutely necessary, as it makes my scalp itch and seems to set off a snow storm! I use E45 shampoo to keep my scalp healthy and usually snow free but if the irritation gets too bad, I make myself a final rinse of Rosemary water. A good sized piece goes into a jug and has 1 litre of boiling water poured over it:
Then it is left to cool (but not go cold) and it looks like this:
When ready, it is strained and used as the final rinse on my hair. I keep meaning to try lavender to see if that has the same effect but forget!

It leaves my hair shiny and my scalp feels great. I usually do this after I have had my hair coloured as the shampoo and conditioner applied afterwards, usually sets me off.


8 comments:

  1. Virus sounds nasty, glad we don't do internet banking. I might keep all my money hidden under the bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they encode absolutely everything on your computer then charge you around 300 dollars to get access. In effect, it blocks you from using your computer for anything.

      Delete
  2. I will get hubby to check the computers later, thanks for the heads up as I haven't listened to the news today x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've downloaded this morning, relevant security updates including anti-virus and just done a scan, so far, no threats detected.

      Delete
  3. Did hear that the chap [hacker] has been arrested,and you will already know if you have the virus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has apparently but this window is only for 2 weeks, after that, the organisation will be able to start up again, somewhere else.

      Delete
  4. When I heard it on the news this morning it scared the life out of me and hope it doesn't affect my computer. What is the world coming to? I like the sound of your Rosemary hair rinse, never heard of that before. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are computer viruses coming all the time, most of them, our ant-'virus deals with it. Sometimes however, a right nasty one appears and this is one of those.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.