Friday 5 September 2014

Stuff!

Welcome to Kimberley Jane Webster via Bloglovin and Happy Homemaker via here!

Earlier this week we emptied out, as best we could, our living room, dining room and connecting hallway. We needed the carpets cleaning and they did a good job. As soon as they had finished, we went out for several hours, leaving windows open on their safety fastenings (meaning no one can get in from outside just in case you are wondering).

Four hours later we returned, the carpets were still quite damp. We sat on the bed reading, listening to music for another hour or so then went and made tea. Eventually we needed to sit down and watch some programmes so we had to lift down one of the settee's. Come the next morning the carpets were just about dry.

Price wise, more expensive than doing it yourself and should they need doing in the future, we will hire a machine providing we are fit and able enough to do them ourselves. In all honesty, barring any major accidents, they probably won't get done again any time soon. The dining room carpet is relatively new, the lounge one has been down many years.

It is amazing how large the rooms looked without the furniture and other things. We have been quite ruthless in getting rid of,  to people and or charity shops, anything we no longer need. Viewing these near empty rooms, has spurred us on to have another clear out. Lets face us, most of us have too many things and when you have cleared out two houses after parents have died, we certainly don't want DS to deal with all our 'stuff'!

Still, another job ticked off our list, where it had lounged about for 2 - 3 years.  Have a lovely weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I'm in desperate need of a clear out, I really must get on and do something. I popped over to say I've booked with the McTimoney Chiropractor you recommended and I have an appointment at the beginning of October. She must be popular as she was booked weeks in advance.

    She's only in the next village along so I'm hoping it's fate, I'll post how I get on.

    Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had noticed, hope it goes okay. I used to fall asleep an hour or so after mine. Can but try. It can be so gentle that you think it can't possibly work. Has certainly helped me. DB now also goes once every 3 months.

      Delete
    2. Part two of my plan will be to talk DH into it as well mwahhhh ha haaa x

      Delete
  2. I can't even begin to describe the clutter in my attic room, and I daren't take a photo of it - it's shameful. Once KL has gone back to uni at the end of the month and taken her 'stuff' with her I'll be able to have yet another sort out. I'm taking my life in my hands every time I try to get to my sewing table at the moment, which probably accounts to the lack of crafting lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble is, now everything is back in place, it is too easy to ignore it, if you see what I mean. Still, going to try! You lucky escape was our gain:)

      Delete
  3. I too am having to declutter, but doing it bit by bit every time we take another box out of storage. Lovely clean carpets are always an incentive to keep the room clean and clear xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.