Monday 1 June 2015

Baking and re-heating

Welcome to Annie via here.

We haven't eaten or done any baking since returning from DS's and DDiL's house, thought we would have a rest. However, Sunday was such an awful day, I decided to warm the kitchen up a little and bake an Almond Victoria Sandwich cake:
I sandwiched it together with home made yellow Mirabelle Plum jam!

When we last had a leg of lamb, I minced what was leftover and managed to make us a couple of Lamb Shepherd's pies. I didn't have any real potatoes at the time so used instant for the topping. We served it with peas, sweetcorn and some pork and cider sauce leftover from another meal: 


5 comments:

  1. I love the way you don't waste a single thing, do you have a proper mincer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes I do have a very good mincer as part of a 1970's Kenwood Chef food processor.

      Delete
  2. That looks yummy! Funnily enough, I was craving roast lamb this weekend. I mIght treat us next weekend if the heatwave isn't at ill with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a treat for us so we look forward to it whenever we can afford a half price leg of lamb.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.