Friday 30 October 2015

Dust cloths

Welcome to Sharon Means via Bloglovin.

Taking note from here, I decided to have a go at making Lavender Dusting Cloths. I found 2 old tee shirts and cut the body out to give me 8 sheets, ranging from squares to oblongs. It doesn't say how large to cut them but I reckon you need enough to be able to fold them as you go.

Again, not sure how many would fit in one dose of liquid, I doubled it to be safe. As it turns out it was probably a little too much. After washing the cloths in it, they were hung on an airer to dry:
They are almost dry, quite a bit of the dark patches is the oil. Once thoroughly dry, they were put into this lovely jar I found in town for £1:
I sprinkled in an extra drop or two of lavender essential oil onto each as they went in - now smells fantastic. Ain't blogland great for sharing ideas!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone.

8 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea. Thanks for the link. I must find a decent sized jar and give it a go. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant idea and one I will attempt myself. I've just treated myself to a Housekeeper's Box (by the company Lily and Brown) ... it's lovely, and so smart! How come I've put up with carting my cleaning things around the house with me in a tatty plastic carrier bag for all my married life until now? Madness. Having the right equipment makes the work more pleasureable. It mightn't be exactly 'frugal' to spend money on an enamel box (or plastic coated one, I think) but it certainly looks the part! I'm now off to find lavender polish, anti-bac wipes, and so forth to go in it!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are trialling them as we have run out of polish.

      Delete
  3. I don't require lavender, just items to cut up for dusting. This sort of makes me feel like I should try harder...lol...not really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a tad annoyed after making them to come across an old fitted sheet I could have used!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.