Thursday 31 December 2015

New TV for early 2016

First of all, welcome to Ariel El Vikingo dark via here. I think the other 'new' follower is probably  one of my lost ones being added back in!

All the decorations are down and put away. I have been busy going through the Radio Times (up in price again to £2.30). For us, there are some great programmes starting in January:

Sunday: War & Peace, Beowulf - Return to the Shieldlands, Endeavour and Deutschland 93.

Monday: In the afternoon new Father Brown, Great British Railway Journeys and Silent Witness.

Tuesday: some of the above plus Victorian Bakers which we may watch the first one then see how it goes.

Wednesday: Trust me, I'm a doctor, Midsomer Murders and I think, the final part of 24 hours in A & E.

Thursday: Death in Paradise and Jericho.

Friday: On More 4, a new subtitled French series entitled Spin. We like More 4 because it brings us quite a few foreign series, which so far, have been excellent!

We have recorded the first few installments of Series 9 of The Big Bang Theory and won't start watching it until we have all of them. Drives our friend T. mad as she watches them as they are shown and finds it hard not to discuss it:)

All in all, a good start to the New Year.

On that note, I hope you and yours have a good, busy or quiet time tonight. We usually watch films then Jools Holland as we are on our own.

May 2016 bless you with some of your hopes, give you the strength to face your fears and may it bring you a happy, healthy and wise 2016. See you next week!




20 comments:

  1. Ooh, those Sunday programmes look good, spoilt for choice! I like the sound of the Victorian Bakers too. Happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you. I think the Victorian Bakers might be like a mini GBB Off but we'll see.

      Delete
  2. Well, thank goodness I wandered onto your blog this morning.....I'd not noticed the new series of either Father Brown or Silent Witness in the TV guide!
    The sky planner is full again now, and we'll have Father Brown to record and watch whilst we have our mid afternoon coffee breaks!
    Wishing you and yours health, wealth and happiness in 2016! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you and yours. Nearly missed Father Brown myself as I nearly always forget to look for afternoon programmes.

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to Dark Angel and Beowulf. I don't watch much tv but I do like a good drama now and again.
    Happy New Year-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you. Shall watch Dark Angel whenever it comes on, these were just the ones starting next week.

      Delete
  4. I watch an hour of t.v. a night at around 7 pm. We can get most british shows eventually and I will put them on the list. I enjoyed The Detectorists.....so funny and so how I like to think England still is.. Every thing I watch is on demand so am not tied to any particular time but I like to sit down and rest a bit as I am on my feet most of the day and it is a good chance to do a bit of knitting. I read from 8pm to 9pm and then lights out ! I get up between 4.30 am and 5am We are gearing up for the last series of Downtown Abbey which americans LOVE !
    Happy New Year - hoping for a bit more peace in the world for 2016 ( and seriously hoping that Donald Trump is just a bad dream..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you. DB also likes The Detectorists though I am not too keen. Sitting watching tv in the evening is my down time. When DS and DDiL are here, we play games and rarely watch it. He is a strange one, Mr. Trump isn't he?

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year! Here's to a good 2016! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year - all the best for 2016 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for Beowulf to start. It will assuage my Game of Thrones longings for a while! want to see war and peace and silent witness too. So much for me getting out of my chair any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will buy season 5 when available of Game f Thrones.

      Delete
  8. Really looking forward to Victorian bakers, Midsomer Murders and Death in Paradise. I still have to watch season 8 of Big Bang Theory before I can watch the new one. Wishing you a belated Happy New Year, love Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are currently recording season 9 before we watch it. At the rate they are showing them, might be Easter or even later!

      Delete
  9. I spotted that a new series of Midsomer Murders was about to start.

    I loved that they showed so many of the older ones over the Christmas period, we have watched or recorded nearly all of them. It's two hours of relaxing television and we sit there pointing out all the places we recognise. Our village was closed off over and over for filming when we lived in Oxfordshire, and our village hall appeared so many times as different venues.

    Yep, I'm another one who likes to tape a few episodes of something before I sit and watch it. And I love a good box set :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E4 take months to show a full series of the Big Bang.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.