Thursday 3 December 2015

Stretching a lamb fillet

I am lucky to own a Kenwood chef which has a mincing machine attachment, so I mince all our own meat, that way, I know exactly what has gone into the end product.

The fillet was minced and cooked with a diced onion and a couple of cubed carrots, in enough stock to cover. Once cooked, it was drained and the stock thickened with cornflour:
The meat and vegetables were divided into two enamel dishes:
Covered with mashed potato:
And left to go cold. One was frozen for later use and the other had some cheese sprinkled on the top and baked in a 190C oven for 30 minutes:
We had half each (and nothing else) with some of the gravy. The rest of the gravy was also frozen.

10 comments:

  1. Perfect comfort food. Very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely delicious. I love the enamel dishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make one big shepherds pie, and we have half one day and half the next. Delicious isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love a good shepherd's pie!
    I have my mum's old Kenwood Chef that dad bought her in the early seventies. It was always loud in use, but lately had become unbearably loud. DH refurbished it with a new motor and now it's brilliant, really quiet and far more powerful than DS's Kitchenaid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think ours is from that era as well. DB has to sort ours out occasionally.

      Delete
  5. You might like this Moussaka recipe. I used a lot less mince than he suggests and it made 6 very generous portions. I froze two portions and we each had Moussaka for tea two days ni a row,

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_GcsR7Q99s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that although neither of us is keen on moussaka - certainly a happy chappie!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.