Friday 10 March 2017

Time to sow!

A lot of people have already started but here, it is usually mid to the end of March. The raised beds have their nets on as I found cat poo in one the other day:(

I need to also get the perspex panels on one bed to start warming the soil. Yesterday I scrubbed clean my mini greenhouse as well as the outdoor chairs and tables.

Sorting through my seeds, I couldn't find the broad beans that I knew had been saved. Completely forgot they were put in the kitchen for winter soup (still unused luckily), as none had been put to one side for sowing.

Eventually, in the beautiful sunny weather, I got on and sowed - 3 types of tomato, Hungarian hot wax chilli peppers, peas, carrots, radish, some leeks and a few broad beans. I am trying to make myself sow occasionally throughout the season, rather than all at once!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

6 comments:

  1. I sowed peas in guttering earlier this week and we bought another 4 packets yesterday 🙂. Our broad beans were sown quite a while ago; we had them on the bedroom windowsill but they're now in the greenhouse at home. I need to clear and clean the allotment greenhouse so that it can be used. It's full of alstromeria at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A single wide trench of peas this time and only 15 broad beans for now:)

      Delete
  2. It's been raining since we moved in...........or at least it feels as if it has but at last a sunny day and a bed cleared for seed sowing ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am behind in preparing the allotment this year, so that's my Saturday afternoon sorted xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't go mad, don't want any pulled muscles.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.