Monday 21 August 2017

Greengages

We finally had blossom and fruit on our relatively new greengage tree. It is grown again a fence and I am never sure how to shape/train it so decided to treat it like the other two plums (even though you aren't really supposed to prune them).

We ate 2 each and the rest, just 380g that were left:
Were made into jam in the microwave:
It hasn't quite set properly but will be lovely stirred into yoghurt. Or, I could decant them back into a jug, add a little grated apple and lemon juice and boil for another few minutes.


2 comments:

  1. I had to decant and reboil one of my last year, although I don't mind a soft set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Greengages, they are so fragrant. We picked 6 this year and twelve Victorias... NOT a good stone fruit year. Mind you the damsons look pretty good and the Marjories Seedling aren't too bad.
    Gill

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.