Tuesday 21 November 2017

I'm still having a little trouble....

Getting back to grips with normal as opposed to gluten free pastry. To be honest, I think I prefer GF so may revert back. Anyway, I thought I had rolled some out thinly enough to make some mincemeat maids of honour:
I do use a little S.R. flour in my pastry to lighten its texture so maybe I overdid it as they 'rose' a little too much. Also, the almond mixture recipe is clearly designed for 12 small pies whereas these are deep versions so only a little topping for 10 then I ran out. I have written that on the recipe for next time.

Mind you, they taste fine so that is good - phew.

Welcome to Sue Scott via Bloglovin.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks but they are usually thinner. I think I also added a little too much water.

      Delete
  2. Daughter's been experimenting this weekend with mince pies with enriched pastry. Dad told her to revert to "normal pastry" as he was confused bt the egg and clementine zest enriched stuff. She's take away my mini tins and star cutter to expeiment some more! Catriona PS He ate them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love clementine enriched pastry for Christmas baking.

      Delete
  3. Hi there. I've just read your post about feeling invisible. I know exactly how you feel. I also live in Norfolk, and although people are 'friendly' I don't feel as though there's anyone I can just have a good chat and giggle with. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time it doesn’t bother me, just a couple of things were getting to me so had a bit of a rant. Finding the right person to have a chat with is difficult but I guess whilst we are all still capable of getting out, as opposed to being stuck in, is for the moment a bonus.

      Delete
    2. The problem is, I have MS, and I only get out very rarely. Luckily I have lots of hobbies and they keep me busy. Blessings

      Delete
  4. The tarts look scrumptious.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tart shells really need to be pre-cooked with rice or some other type of dried weight inside to stop the pastry puffing up too much - but you knew that right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do that with large cases but not small ones over here. Too much raising agent and a tad too much water methinks. Thanks though.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.